Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Master_Chief

Good Places to Eat

12 posts in this topic

I have been fishing and Kayaking down in the Fergus - Ottertail - Pelican Rapids area every weekend here for about a month.

I am getting sick of the standard old fast food joints.

Post your favorite places to get some good grub.

the cactus in perham is a good spot. excellent fish fry.

in fergus, if you like mexican, don pablos (not the chain) is good.

the underwood legion has the peterwich sandwich, but you have to deal with the likes of ChuckN or Gissert frequenting the establishment shocked.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Deal with us, LOL. Usually we are just sitting there, wondering what Hjalmer Tordenskjold will do or or say next. One never knows.....

Seriously, the Underwood Legion has some good chow. The Peterwich as mentioned, and every Saturday you can geta fantastic prime rib sandwich and fries for about 7 bucks. Better get there in the afternoon, they sometimes sell out early.

For a good breakfast, it is hard to beat the Viking in downtown Fergus.

Zorbaz on Ottertail lake is also very good, and you can kayak right to their dock.

Spanky's on Rose Lake - Ate there for the first time this weekend. Great Food.

DL

How about the Dalton Cafe? They whip up some pretty nice pancakes, SOS, etc. and they now offer pizza. Prime rib on Sunday. Never hear anyone talk about the place but they seem to keep busy. crazy.gif

I like that Chinese place in Fergus where the Sandpiper used to be, right next to Home Depot. The name escapes me, but they have a Mongolian Grill (like Khan's mongolian) that my wife and I really like. Their Buffet food isn't bad either. Mabel Murphy's in Fergus is also good, and I was just at Amor Rumors in Amor and had a fantastic Bacon Cheeseburger (with Fried onions or course). I'll be going back there.

If you're on Lida, hit Maple Beach Resort. Hands down best burger baskets in the county. If you're over by Battle Lake, go to Lida (see above).

Maple beach resort, I remember that place, when are they open? I always seem to be by there at the wrong times, but yeah they used to (and probably still do) have some of the best burgers.

I can't really argue with you about the best burger baskets in all of OT county, as I haven't sampled all of them. However, Billy's Corner Bar in Vergas is pretty well known for outstanding burgers.

I always enjoyed eating at Stubs in Battle Lake. Their walleye is great, and their steaks are very good as well.

Stubs is good food, if you go make sure to get there Reuben Balls (I know, I know.... grin.gif)

Stubs is by far the best food, expensive but always good. Prime rib is best around!

Got to get to the burger joint on Lida this year have heard just great things.