Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott26

Thanks Doug and Cliff.....past week fishing

5 posts in this topic

Nice to meet you Doug and for showing us around your place. That night after talking to you we started getting into the bigger walleyes every night we caught 2 or more over the slot and plenty of 14-16inch within. Won't know about the fall trip for a while here as the father in-law got into a cycle accident so trip plans are on the back burner for now.

Cliff, I saw your boat a couple times but you were either leaving Bayview after lunch or heading in that direction for lunch. Maybe in the fall I'll catch up with you. Do you know how did the group of dad's and kids do from Chicago? I wonder how many line tangles they had on the pontoon.

Scott26,

Phill Bakken and I guided the group of dads and their sons that were from chicago and staying at Bayview Lodge.

The pontoon boats did not do very well fishing, but all of the group took turns fishing 1/2 day trips with Dave and I and they all ended up catching their limits of walleyes! laugh.gif

They had a great fish fry on their last night there and also had a few fish each to take home.

A great group of boys! laugh.gif

Tangled line are all part of the day! tongue.gif

Cliff

Hey Cliff, was Dave with you on a different bunch than I was?

Quote:

Hey Cliff, was Dave with you on a different bunch than I was?

Sorry about that Phill! blush.gif My mistake!

Dave and I guided a different group the next day!

Cliff

Scott,

Sorry it took so long to get back. It was great to meet you guys as well. Glad that you got into the bigger fish. The bite has still been pretty good, but the better bite is later in the evening. In fact, right now as we speak.

Hope you can make it up!!!

Doug