Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
srj

June 9th FM gathering

srj    42
srj

Had a great time at the LOW annual on Saturday. The Thursday storm dirtied up the water a bunch and the easy fishing wasn't to be. However, plenty were caught for the fish fry and Jeff B did his usual super job on the fish cooker. Thanks Jeff. There were lots of side dishes brought and all were terrific (and all gone too, I think).And thanks to Jon and Mike for the hospitality at their campers in the Warroad Park. It's always fun to see friends from previous gatherings and meet new ones. THe weather more or less cooperated--breezy but the squalls kept moving east of Warroad right up till supper time. Then it got really nice.

All in all a great day on LOW.

p.s. Can't forget Curt as m.c. plus he smoked a whole turkey for the gathering. Good stuff.

curt quesnell    296
curt quesnell

Very good time at the FM Gathering. While the weather

wouldnt cooperate, it wouldnt shut us down either. We

caught more fish than we could all eat and the salads and

trimming brought to share were perfect in every way.

Thanks to Walleye Jon and Mike Hugg for hosting the feast

and to Jeff Beckwith for the great job on the cooker (and

for inventing the Angel Eye Minnow).

Someone is going to post a pic or two of the group. As you

look at the pictures see how many of the faces you can

identify, If you cant name many, come to next years event

and you will get to know every one of them.

Mid June again in 08, probably back to Baudette.

Old Guide    0
Old Guide

Yup, a happening it was!! It never ceases to amaze me how people from the upper midwest can converge for a days fishing, a couple of hours socializing and feel like you've known them your whole life!! As usual the FM gang did it up right again! I'd like to start naming names but everyone knows who brought what and who did this and who did that. Excellent, well done to all! One note, The two guys that brought the excellent beans up from "down south." Becker County polution control would like to hear from you. Something about bean sampling and dead wildflowers in the ditches!!! Here's to next year! pat

nauticaljohn    0
nauticaljohn

SRJ, WJ, Curt, and all, thanks for a great time (from Nauticaljohn and Lumpy). We will be back for next years event and also for the Oct/Nov bite. Will try to get up for the hard water too.

We caught 7-8 keepers for the community feed. Then hit Mille Lacs on the way home and got into them again. Only got 3 that were under 20", and 10 over. What a weekend!

Thanks to everyone for the hospitality. And Curt, thanks for making room at the "Hotel Quesnell".

BKB    0
BKB

Made it to our first get togethor and all I can say is Thanks to everyone that was there, my nephew and I had a super time. The food was second to none , getting to put faces with names and just sitting around shooting the breeze made for one of the most enjoyable days I have had in a long time! The only bad part was that it had to end and we have to wait until the next one!! Hope everyone made it home safe and will be back again, I know I will. Once again, Thank You to all!

bapperpimp    0
bapperpimp

I am sorry I couldn't make it for the big get-together, but where did people fish? Closer to Warroad? Elm? Anybody go to the reefs out by Arnesen's or anybody fish over by Twin Islands? I am heading up on Wednesday night and am looking for a report from the weekend. Any tips on where to start would be appreciated.

BKB    0
BKB

We fished off of Springsteel and did okay, put 8 in the box with many more shorts, hammered gold spinner with a crawler in the morning and then they wanted a minnow on the same in the afternoon. Other boats caught some fish pulling plugs and one did the best with a frozen shiner and jig but I don't know exactly where he was fishing. We stayed away from the pack and worked from 9 out to 17ft and caught fish in all depths. Good luck!

walleyejon    0
walleyejon

There's nothing like these get-togethers. My sincere thanks to everyone who showed up. The food was awesome and the company even better. I just wish there were more hours in the day.

BAZZ......You don't have to wait until next year, you're welcome to come back and fish with me anytime. I was also trying to remember the last time I was down by Brainerd. It was definatley long enough that I wouldn't have a clue where to find a walleye down there.....you happen to know anyone who could help me out?

BKB    0
BKB

walleyejon.. That was one of the best campfires I have had the oppurtunity to attend!!! I can't guarantee the fishing would be like it is on the LOW but I bet we could have a pretty good time trying. Let me know when you find out about the fall trip, I have it cleared with the wife as long as it is her weekend off. Thanks again Jon for a great time and looking forward to meeting up with you guys again soon!!

nauticaljohn    0
nauticaljohn

Old Guide, We contacted Becker County. All permits and disclosure statements were filed. They suggested we check the vessels the offending beans were fermenting in. Our staff chemist discovered a slight methane leak in the laboratory. (no not the lavatory).

Next year will add a disclaimer to the packaging.

I hope no one else had any problems with the baked legumnes.

walleyejon    0
walleyejon

I see you guys weren't happy making me laugh half to death on Saturday, now you're trying to finish the job. I heard the EPA is already workng on some regulations specific to FM events. The legislation is being spearheaded by the good folks who gave us the "Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute" ad campaign.

iffwalleyes    0
iffwalleyes

I have a great time everytime I come to LOW. I can't thank all of you enough for everything. From Jon and Curt letting me follow you guys around on the lake. Then to Jon and Mike for the use of your campsites for the event. As everyone else has said the food was awesome. Jeff the fish was awesome. The campfire was great lot of good stories. I love coming up to LOW and even though the fishing was off this weekend I know what it can be like. Even with slower fishing it was fun. I guess I will have have to make a return trip later this year to get them grin.gif.

Wiskers    1
Wiskers

I see John made up for me not being there.. glad to see it.. Man this full time work is really starting to get in the way of my fishing ... Every event is in the middle of my work week. sigh sigh...

John, when I get the cruiser up and going and ready for LOW I will give ya a call. We can go break it in proper. with any luck it will be soon before the bite shuts down.