• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out fishing last night at Lake Elysian with my brother and uncle and had landed at the south access by Janesville beings I am from Janesville. Any how we did manage to catch some fish and all that alot of bullheads, but few eyes. When got back to the access to go home found out that someone had hit my trailer and tore the right trailer light off. Didn't leave any message or insurance card or anything. Looks like they cut their turn to short whoever it was. I don't know just kind of sickens me to think there are still people out there like that. So just warning you all becareful if docking at south access of Elysian anytime, there is some nooblet who doesn't know how to drive with a trailer.... On the good side there was alot of maroon paint on my trailer so looks like it got there car, truck, or boat trailer pretty good. Any how good luck and have fun.

Crappieflop1012

Thats too bad it happened. I have not seen the damage but lets say it was a bigger pick up and a larger boat and trailer. This could have happened without the other guy knowing also. It doesnt take much of a hit to damage a trailer light and he or sher may not have felt the hit. Just a thought before we call him a nobhead.

Hopefully your insurance company will pay for the damage.

Question - have you been on Tetonka yet this year? I saw a guy do this exact thing when he took off. Owner of the trailer rig wasn't around, but it was the back right side (port side) of the trailer.

Just wondering if you were on Tetonka - this would have been opening day.

so crappie -- did you do anything worth reporting? beside's the small eye's ?

Heh... Nah I wasn't out on Tetonka during opener. And we managed to get a few... grin.gif Oh and can't forget the bullhead bite was best I had ever saw.... Got to love that bully slime....

Okay. Just checking. The guy on Tetonka was in such a rush to get his boat out during the rain that he didn't pay any attention when he pulled from his parking stall. Clipped the other trailer pretty good too.

Me and my two buddies seen this happen if you give me your personal E-mail address I can let you know what we saw and description of the vehicle if we would have known that he was going to just drive away we would have gotten license number for you

I wouldn't be assuming it is all one person doing this, two reasons, first there is alot of bad drivers out there, second, why would someone intentionally run into another persons boat trailer with there own trailer. I've heard of senseless property damage, but not at the expense of the persons own property.

I know it happend to a friend on German on Saterday, it sucks, but like someone said, with a big boat, truck, and trailer, hitting a tail light might not even be noticed.

And accidents do happen, last year at German lake I clipped someones front bumper on their truck while parking my trailer. I left a note under his wipper blade and slipped one in the window and then tried to find him on the lake. Ended up I met him at the access later on that night and we got everything worked out.

• 4 weeks later...

The kid that did this knew it happend he got out and looked at it. Funny thing is he just drove off knowing he did it. So yes there are people that stupid and it is bad for all who park at acesses. He could have easily left a note for my brother and been honest. Just my opinion.We were told he got out and looked at the damage and then just drove off.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.