Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappieflop1012

Last night at Elysian.

10 posts in this topic

Went out fishing last night at Lake Elysian with my brother and uncle and had landed at the south access by Janesville beings I am from Janesville. Any how we did manage to catch some fish and all that alot of bullheads, but few eyes. When got back to the access to go home found out that someone had hit my trailer and tore the right trailer light off. Didn't leave any message or insurance card or anything. Looks like they cut their turn to short whoever it was. I don't know just kind of sickens me to think there are still people out there like that. So just warning you all becareful if docking at south access of Elysian anytime, there is some nooblet who doesn't know how to drive with a trailer.... On the good side there was alot of maroon paint on my trailer so looks like it got there car, truck, or boat trailer pretty good. Any how good luck and have fun.

Crappieflop1012

Thats too bad it happened. I have not seen the damage but lets say it was a bigger pick up and a larger boat and trailer. This could have happened without the other guy knowing also. It doesnt take much of a hit to damage a trailer light and he or sher may not have felt the hit. Just a thought before we call him a nobhead.

Hopefully your insurance company will pay for the damage.

Question - have you been on Tetonka yet this year? I saw a guy do this exact thing when he took off. Owner of the trailer rig wasn't around, but it was the back right side (port side) of the trailer.

Just wondering if you were on Tetonka - this would have been opening day.

so crappie -- did you do anything worth reporting? beside's the small eye's ?

Heh... Nah I wasn't out on Tetonka during opener. And we managed to get a few... grin.gif Oh and can't forget the bullhead bite was best I had ever saw.... Got to love that bully slime....

Okay. Just checking. The guy on Tetonka was in such a rush to get his boat out during the rain that he didn't pay any attention when he pulled from his parking stall. Clipped the other trailer pretty good too.

Me and my two buddies seen this happen if you give me your personal E-mail address I can let you know what we saw and description of the vehicle if we would have known that he was going to just drive away we would have gotten license number for you

My email is skybuster1012@yahoo.com or you can also reach me by phone at (507)469-1012. Name is Ryan.

I wouldn't be assuming it is all one person doing this, two reasons, first there is alot of bad drivers out there, second, why would someone intentionally run into another persons boat trailer with there own trailer. I've heard of senseless property damage, but not at the expense of the persons own property.

I know it happend to a friend on German on Saterday, it sucks, but like someone said, with a big boat, truck, and trailer, hitting a tail light might not even be noticed.

And accidents do happen, last year at German lake I clipped someones front bumper on their truck while parking my trailer. I left a note under his wipper blade and slipped one in the window and then tried to find him on the lake. Ended up I met him at the access later on that night and we got everything worked out.

The kid that did this knew it happend he got out and looked at it. Funny thing is he just drove off knowing he did it. So yes there are people that stupid and it is bad for all who park at acesses. He could have easily left a note for my brother and been honest. Just my opinion.We were told he got out and looked at the damage and then just drove off.