Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Yeti

Wow what a day!!

20 posts in this topic

Our boat (2 guys) caught 17 walleyes. Smallest was 21.. the rest were from 24-27. None in the slot. Missed about 1/2 dozen, and a few of those we could feel, were really big! All were released successfully! grin.gif

The other boat in our party. (3 guys), caught 30 walleyes. Only were able to keep 3. The rest, also in the 21-27 ish range, were also released successfully. grin.gif

Long snells with plain red hooks and Leeches. We had a blast!! cool.gif

Forgot to mention. Almost all of them came off the break. 28-34 foot of water.

I heard Friday was on fire. I am guessing it carried to the weekend. My cousin had 3 people in the boat and they caught over 70, brought 8 home, but that is all they needed to keep. I am doing everything I can to get up there but unfortunately the schedule is not permitting. Crawlers and spinners are what was working for them.

Besides LOTW a few years ago, this was the best walleye fishing I have ever experienced. I know all days will not be like this, but definitely heading back up soon.

I don't even care if fish are brought home, catching those big ones and seeing them swim back down after the release is awesome!

They were biting very aggressively too. A few of the bigger ones also bit in no mans land off the flat.

Gary Roach was also out on the same reef. Nice new Lund all decked out. He was nailing the fish!! Like thats a big surprise.

We also had a good day. Struggled for keepers but caught a limit for 2. 30+ for the whole day, with a lot of overs.

We seen Gary too.

Saturday night caught a 27in, 17,18,17.5,19,two 13's Bobber's green Jig's 19fow.

we had an awsome day today pullin blades in 27-30fow got a limit for two and released 16 fish between 23-25 inches and of course numerous misses and three broke lines.

Man I don't want to go back to work monday, can't wait to go back to the pond

We didn't make it out today but were out yesterday morning. Also saw Gary on the flats. We boated four 26+ fish (26 1/2 to 28 1/2) but couldn't find the slots. We had a double with two of these fish. Made for a nice pic.

Gary was at Terrys all weekend,what a nice guy.He lives next to a buddy of mine so I have met him numerous times and he made sure to go out of his way to say hello and offer some info to everyone.We also had an outstanding weekend,which is easy to do right now.Around 120 in 2 days including 4 fish over 28.Leeches on Sat. crawlers on Sun.We even hit an open water crank bite Sat afternoon.Its looking good for the FLW event this weekend if our bite holds out.

We fished on Fri and Sat and tore them up. 100 + fish most in the 22 - 27" range and my personal best 28.5" grin.gif(still swimming). We also caught 6 tagged fish as well. What a great couple of days, the best luck we had was on the gravel pulling bottom bouncers w/ spinner rigs with crawlers for the big fish. Most eaters came of leeches. Most came out of 24 -31' of water.

We were up there last week & caught around 60 fish in 3 days. Morning bite was great on bottom bouncers (red hook, chartreuse bead) with leeches but they seemed to really slow down in the afternoon. We caught 16 fish in the 17-19.5 inch range. Smaller fish were in shallower water around 20ft or so and bigger fish were deeper. My wife caught her biggest walleye ever at 26 1/2 and she caught 2 tagged fish that were both 25 1/2. I taught her everything I know and she outfished me. We had a blast and are already planning our next trip.

im heading up on sat. through monday. gonna probably stay on the south side rock beds with bottom bouncers sat. and monday and maybe head out to some flats on sunday. what weights do you guys use when youre rigging? it really depends on the depth right?

Depends on depth, wind, desired speed, etc. Anywhere from .75 to 2 oz. is usually plenty good. Just make sure you are getting to bottom with your line at a 45 degree angle is a good rule of thumb. Adjust accordingly.

Gravel or mud??? Heading up tomorrow am.

Rodmaker, How did you do last weekend? Did you get my email with the area that was on fire? My cousin said it was some of the best fishing he has seen and that he is going again Sat.

Yes I got your e-mail. Pretty rough Sat. Didn't get a chance to get there. I brought my wife and she can't take the pounding since her transplant. Ended up catching 12 just near lakeside, keeping 5. I'll look at the e-mail again and maybe give that a shot tomorrow, or the mud.

Thanks!!!

What about those spinners???

I love the first couple weeks of June. I fished Sunday afternoon from about 1:00 until the wind blew in about 7:30. We caught about 30 mostly on roach rigs, unfortunately my partner only got 4 for some reason. Went back Monday with my daughter and had to pull spinners in the rod holders. We got 15 between 11:30 and 3:00 and lost at least that many. It was a learning experience for her especially with the long snells and trying to hold the rod high enough. We left when the sun burn started on my daughter. All and all a great couple days of fishing.

Gravel for more eater size where the mud was the bigger fish.

Rodmaker, I answered you question on the other thread.