Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dakor

Dixon Lake

6 posts in this topic

We are staying at Dixon lake next weekend and I was wondering if this lake is decent for fishing? I have never fished it before and it looks like it is connected to winnie by a small river so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Musky's on this lake? We mostly fish for Muskie, Bass, Walleye, and Crappie.

used to be a good walleye and crappie lake, no muskie that i ever heard, beaver dams stopped the fish from getting into dixon from winnie.

Thank you. Looks like I will be hauling the boat to another lake.

Don't be so fast to leave Dixon. Great walleyes in the 8'- 14' range - jig/leech, rigging with leech ok as well. Very good crappie lake as well - keep an eye out along the deep weed edges - you can see them on your graph if you look while covering water. Leeches better than nightcrawlers due to perch/sunfish, but the worms on rigs can be good as well. Early/late bite on most days...

I was made aware of a new policy @ Dixon Lake Resort. IF you are not a REGISTERED guest, you are not allowed access to ANY of their services including the boat ramp. The public ramp is less than great.

Thank you for the info I will give the lake a try.