Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riversmallmouth35

BWCA

5 posts in this topic

Heading in the BWCA on Monday and was wondering how the fish have been biting up there. I am mainly looking for Northens and smallies but my brother wants to catch his first Lake Trout. If anyone knows any water temps that would also be helpful

Thanks for any help.

water temps were around 60 - 62 when I have been out over the last week or 2.

what lakes do you plan to hit or areas to chase for these fish?

We are going in on Little John then going to John, East Pike, and West pike. We will be going the same way out. From what I've seen east pike is going to be the good northern and bass lake and West Pike will be our best chance at Lake trout.

Thanks for the help.

Got back today from my trip and had a pretty good time. The fishing started out good with the northerns biting on spoons on John Lake. I got a 32 inch northern wich is my personal best and my cousin got a 40 inch northern the first day in. The bass were biting good on east and west pike on topwater but the size were kind of small. Then on West Pike we managed 5 lake trout from our group of four.

Had a nice trip thanks to all of you that have been answering my questions. Thanks for the tips.