Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Cranker

Fishing Report From The Past Week 6/6/07

1 post in this topic

I haven't been out since last Sunday but am in contact with alot of tourney anglers and resorts.

Here is what I am hearing;

Walleyes are still very active with bigger fish starting to bite. Although there are still a very great amount of slot fish being caught. Leeches, crawlers, and fatheads are the main live baits. Crankbaits are doing well also out in the deep rocks and flats.

The fish are on the move. The report that I am getting from anglers from Fishers Resort, Hunter Winfield's, Twin Pines, Red Door, Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort is that the fish are not staying in just one area of structure so staying mobile is the key. Fish the wind blown side of any structure and you will find those walleyes.

Small Mouth and Large Mouth Bass are getting some really good reports. The rocks ajacent to transition areas are producing some large bass. More and more Large Mouths are being caught this year too. 6lb Smallies are becoming the norm up here. Its Just Unbelievable!

Leeches, swim baits, crankbaits, and tube jigs and surface baits in the early mornings and late evenings are getting the bass.

Fish On!!!