Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Jones

6-7-07 Report

6 posts in this topic

Water temp is around 63 degrees and the first mayflies have started to hatch here on the North end of Cass. Walleye action has still been good in the evening but since the panfish have invaded the shallows and musky season started...well, who needs walleye right now... grin.gif

Here are some pics of my boats first ski of 2007, it looks like a prop hit her durring the spawn. From what I have seen the muskies are holding on the edges and have not been in the weeds much at all yet.

bj44.5wound.jpg

44.5 inches

44.5wound.jpg

woundzoom.jpg

Wow. I honestly admit I've never seen a more distinctly marked Upper Mississippi strain muskie of that size. Some smaller shorties, maybe... but not one that big. Looks almost like some of the Great Lakes muskies those guys catch on the Lake Erie charters. Beautiful. Good job Brian. Great release photo too.

So are you saying that the fish haven't moved up onto the weedbeds/cabbage? Or are they still hanging in the postspawn areas... like shallow sand flats? Thanks.

Mark

looks like they got a bit to close for action. That is crazy.

Beautiful fish, Brian (besides the nasty gash, poor girl). Congrats!

I might have to commandeer your services for half-a-day when I come up in August (12th thru the 18th). I'd love to hook into a few good musky and walleye. grin.gif

Wade,

I still have a couple openings that week if you are still interested. Take care and good fishing!

Booked the evening of August 13th! Thanks for callin, Brian. See ya in August.