Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

I will never figure out this river

12 posts in this topic

Took out a co-worker tonight for a few hours to catch "whatever". I took some small poles along to try for some smaller fish. In an attempt to get out of the wind and current we forced our way into some backwater that was no more than 2 ft deep.

I said Ok let's catch some...... sun grin.gif

No sooner did I throw out my jig/crawler when something grabbed it and wouldn't come off the bottom, when it did it went straight under the boat and snapped my 20lb PP!

Ok

Next came a keeper eye and a 24" northern along with a bunch of sheepies. All on a jig/crawler on a 2ft deep sand flat.

Sometimes I just don't get it crazy.gif

Quote:

No sooner did I throw out my jig/crawler when something grabbed it and wouldn't come off the bottom, when it did it went straight under the boat and snapped my 20lb PP!

Sometimes I just don't get it
crazy.gif

Turtles never make any sense.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thats the great part of fishing the river, one never knows what can be at the end of the line.

EXACTLY...i wish i had a camera for what i caught yesterday at the river. I was just reeling in my rig for a recast and when my bait got to the top of the water i noticed something was on it. I didnt even feel it. I reeled it up...I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS. It has spines on the sides of it and on the back. Razor sharp. A shark tail. I shovel head. and whiskers. I looked on the internet today and found out that it was a shovelnosed sturgeon. I couldnt believe it. Arnt they suppose to be endangered. I wish I had some pics. I was freaking out on the bank, because I thought I caught a prehistoric creature or something.

lots of those sturgeon in the river

Quote:

I thought I caught a prehistoric creature or something.

You did congrats!.. grin.gif

I'll never figure it out either. Fished from about 8:30 till 11:30 last night...missed four fish...two dragsters and two lollygagglers. Got four hurtin bullheads to show for it. monkey2.gifI want some chubs!

Yeah been getting alot of that weird bite action this year. I think we might be unwilling participants in some sort of flathead "punk'd" TV show. laugh.gif

I took my daughter fishing last night and we had a little luck. Two small mudeyes and a decent channel she got on a live bully.

I was looking forward to a nice quiet time but there were a bunch of drunks down there as well (trying) to fish. The FnHimers were flying along with the usual drunk id iot smart talk...and there I sit with my thirteen year old daughter.

Maybe you guys need to downsize a little. I got a 25lb flat using a 16th oz jighead on Friday. I was fishing crappies on the St. Croix with 6 lb test, too. shocked.gif

Cant really make my bullhead any smaller. laugh.gif

I did manage a nice 17" Snag-eye and a BIG 30" Northern Branch grin.gif LOL!