Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishmarket

heat next week

6 posts in this topic

Coming up in a couple days for a week in paradise and saw the temps are supposed to hit mid 80's, with scattered rain...how will the weather effect the walleyes?? Will they move to leeches and crawlers? Minnows?? Everything?? Cant wait to get there!!!

Weather reports have been known to be wrong. A couple of years ago, weather.com was predicting temps in the 90's for the week I was coming up. I went out and bought an air conditioner to bring with me. It turned out that I not only didn't need the air conditioner, my wife and I had to go out and buy some warm clothes and gloves because it got so cold!

No matter what the weather turns out to be, no one can predict exactly how the fish will react to it. Show up, and give it a shot. Find out what they're doing and adjust. The hunt is a big part of fun for me.

Just got back from a houseboat trip and I packed for warmer temps and very rarely took off the sweat shirt and a few times wished I packed the old Carhart wink.gif

I hate to be a nag here everyone, but any updates on the water temps? May be coming up next weekend and wondering for kids swimming, bathing, etc. We have a place in the Frazer Bay/Birch Narrows area

Thanks a bunch

Sorry we didn't have any equipment to measure water temps. I wouldn't have gone swimming myself, still a little cool for my taste, but kids will swim even if their lips are turning blue crazy.gif

Water temps are 65-70. Maybe a little higher in large shallow area. 80 - 85 air temp thru Tues. Have fun