Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wmn luv me walleye fearme

miltona

5 posts in this topic

I have a cabin on irene and was thinking about trying miltona this weekend. I've never fished the lake before. Was looking at a few different maps and was just looking for some general information. Seems there are a lot of sunken islands and was thinking about focusing primarily on that with some lindy rigs, slip bobbers at dusk etc. Good starting point or should i be focusing more towards shore structure, (weedlines, points etc) thanks a lot

Inside turns with cabbage. 8-14 FOW

At this time of year I have much better luck on the shoreline structure. Look for weedlines and fish tight to them. There is alot of steep structure, focus on the slower dropping edges with weedlines. Was just up there last week and did real well. Pretty windy but good fishing.

I'd start out with the Lindy's so you can move around some. If you find a pod of them then you can switch to bobbers if you want to.

thanks for the advise, have got a couple decent eyes on irene but cant get into anything consistently so figured if i can will give it a shot this weekend