Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ILFishing

Star Lake

7 posts in this topic

I am going to be heading to Star Lake in Otter Tail in a couple of weeks. This is my first trip to Star Lake. Any tips or fishing reports? Thanks in advance.

My dad would kill me if I put anything about Star on the net. But if you put in your time you will be rewarded. Just remember the sunfish limit is only 10. They watch it close.

I'll be at Star Lake on the 16th of June for a week, if that's when you're going to be there. If you need some pointers look me up! I'll be at the Galaxy in cabin #8. My Dad, always said "There is enough fish up here for everyone, so help them have a good time too!" He was right! Been fishing Star and the area lakes for 48 years! I'm 55 years old now and the area is still the best! You'll have fun and meet a lot of nice people who will help you!

Thank you both for the information. I will actually be there starting the 23rd. Thank you again and good luck!

I posted some info about Star under the Detroit Lakes region forum SUBJECT was Lida or Star (it was a long post or I would type it up again for you).

A good friend of mine just returned from Dead Lake. Real bad weather last week. He watched 4 tornadoes from his cabin deck, and a big one towards Lida! Big Caps on the lakes. Looks like it is calming down now towards the end of this week. Said the water temp was 65 degrees. Crappie were out about 28 to 30 feet deep. Haven't moved shallow yet. Bass were Great, and they did good on the Eyes! Whatch out when the water temp hit 68! You'll have a ball! 3rd & 4th week are the Best!

Thank you all for the information. I greatly appreciate all of your help.