Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Took a drive around Lake Osakis earlier. It appears the cold and calm winds we had last night made a lot of ice. From what I could tell it appeared the lake was locked up except there was a small open area in Manthey's Bay that had a couple trumpeter swans swimming around and another small area in front of Holiday Resort that had some ducks swimming around. The rest was all ice, thin ice. Don't know if it will hold up over the next 5 days. High of 38 tomorrow, 46 and showers on Friday with high winds, 36 Saturday, 44 Sunday and 44 Monday. The lows over night aren't going to dip very low. If it was a few inches thick I wouldn't be to concerned, but as thin as it is, could be bad.
  3. Ice house license law change

Not by itself it won't but they raised the price on licenses for everything. Once you add it all up I'll bet you never got that big of a raise at your job. I paid for an ATV license since they first came out and we didn't get squat for it for over 20 years. What a joke, not to mention debacles like Mille Lacs Lake management. AAARRGGHHH!! I gotta quit now before I pop a vein.
  4. Today
  5. Thanks for the updates. Think I will play it safe and wait until Thursday, November 30 to go out from McKinley Park.
  6. 7" of good clear ice in the couple holes I drilled in Pike Bay this morning.
  7. not sure why its not showing I'm posting? Anyway walking out on the south shore gets you in deeper water quicker. Yes they do bite on red lake during the dark. I hardly ever go on the lake early ice unless Buddy Hillmen needs my help. Once I drive on the lake with blue thunder I will be on her just about everyday un tell mid march if mother nature cooperates.
  8. Air Rifles

Can anyone recommend a place nearby the Metro Area where a person can take their air rifle to sight in the scope since you cannot shoot them in city limits. Plus, probably not smart to just pull up to a random field to sight in, either. Thanks!!
  9. Went out early Sunday on smaller lake before the Vikes game...5" of good ice and it was growling so making more before it warmed up. Caught a bunch...pic of the dozen crappies we kept...but it was fast and furious from 7-9am
  10. Happy thanksgiving Cookie to you and your family!!! Glad to see you made it through the summer and are getting ready for the long winter on such a Grand Lake!
  11. well we finally got our home computer back so it sure is nice to be able to type again instead of using the phone. The wind were wicked Monday night but by the looks of it this side of the lake held together so that's real good news. Lonnie and his buddy braved the winds yesterday and headed out ,they managed to get 7 of there 8 but it was a tougher bite then last time they were here on Saturday. This weekend is going to be crazy up here as I have had quite a few inquirers about lodging on shore. Buddy Hillmen may have something but he is tough to get a hold of as he is busy building that mammoth house. We ran into a hiccup on blue thunder and have a part we can not get off to replace. I'm hoping Tom can come over and button it up. as Devon worked his butt off to get er done. You could see the disappointment in his eyes, Blue thunder is my work horse and I'm feeling the pressure of getting her up and running.. Our new used lake truck may show up sunday if all goes well. Its name is Cheyanne "I think that's spelled right. It blew a radiator in fargo and is arriving on a trailer . Old Minnesota is the only house that I have not detailed as I also had some major work on her that was ignored while I was trying to break 80 at the golf course this summer. Every one have a great thanksgiving and if your coming up here make sure you check in the resort your going out of as they have been on the ice everyday
  12. I've got 6- 8" on my home lake. I've heard reports of 3" on Eastern side of Fish Lake from High Banks Resort-Blue Max.
  13. Idiots I am heading up Friday I will be walking out don't have to go far for good fishing this early
  14. Ice house license law change

If I remember right you used to have to get a license a while ago before they changed it to the if you occupied it rule. I don't think 14.33 a year is going to break anyones bank. Hopefully they use the extra money for stocking purposes
  15. Yeah looks like the 2nd weekend in December if we're lucky before you can ice fish this area. Going to be another late year on the ice.
  16. Ice house license law change

Next year you will have to buy one for wearing long underwear or pac boots.
  17. It just never ends in this state. Tax, tax, tax. Where does this money go? Whats next? A tag for your vehicle to drive on the ice?
  18. Fun for some folks that went exploring early ice from a few years ago.
  19. Hi Cookie, a buddy and I are going up this weekend. Will they bite much after dark or is the water too mucky this early. I appreciate any info. Thanks
  20. Yesterday
  21. Yesterday the MN DNR announced a license requirement change effective NOW for this ice season. All Wheel House and other fishing structures which cannot be folded / collapsed must be licensed even if you remove the house when you get off the ice.
  22. Harvest climbs 16 percent from 2016 Minnesota firearms hunters registered 161,057 deer through the third weekend of deer season, according to the Department of Natural Resources. Preliminary results through the third weekend show that the number of deer registered was up 16 percent from 2016. Of the deer harvested, 53 percent were bucks, compared to 63 percent during the same period in 2016. In Zone 1, in northeastern Minnesota, total firearms harvest was up 36 percent. In Zone 2, which covers the majority of the state and runs from Canada to Iowa, harvest was up 10 percent and Zone 3, in southeastern Minnesota, was down 5 percent. “The conditions were generally good for hunters participating in the last week of the Zone 1 season and for the start of the 3B season in the southeast,” said Erik Thorson, acting big game program leader, “which provided a boost to the statewide firearms harvest.” Based upon the number of antlerless permits available and the number of permit areas that allow multiple deer to be taken, the DNR is projecting the 2017 total deer harvest to be around 200,000. The 2016 total harvest was 173,213 and to date firearms and archery hunters have harvested about 180,000 deer this year. In much of Minnesota, the firearms deer season ended Nov. 12, and the northern rifle zone season ended Nov. 19. The late southeast firearms deer season is open through Sunday, Nov. 26. The muzzleloader season begins Saturday, Nov. 25, and continues through Sunday, Dec. 10. More information on deer management can be found at mndnr.gov/deer. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
  23. Applications due by Saturday, Dec. 16 The Department of Natural Resources, the Metropolitan Council and the Greater Minnesota Regional Parks and Trails Commission are seeking qualified applicants to serve on the Parks and Trails Legacy Advisory Committee. “The Parks and Trails Legacy Advisory Committee plays a critical role in helping us achieve the vision Minnesotans have for use of the Parks and Trails Legacy Funds and creates an accessible and equitable, integrated system of state and regional parks and trails in Minnesota,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. The purpose of the committee is to promote and coordinate implementation of the 25-Year Parks and Trails Legacy Plan. Funding recommendations for individual projects is not a part of this committee’s work. The plan can be found at on the parks and trails legacy plan page. 2018 will mark the 10th anniversary of the passage of the Legacy Amendment by Minnesota voters. The committee is planning a series of regional events during the year to celebrate Legacy accomplishments and engage Minnesotans on the question, “Why Parks and Trails Legacy Matters.” Information about the events will be available in January on Facebook (/PTLegacyMN) and on the committee website (www.legacy.leg.mn/ptlac). The deadline for applications is Saturday, Dec. 16. The committee is made up of 17 members, including, to the practical extent possible, diverse geographical and demographic representation. The committee has a mixture of park and trail professionals and Minnesota residents. Committee members should have expertise in two or more of the four strategic pillars of the plan: Connect people and the outdoors. Acquire land and create opportunities. Take care of what we have. Coordinate among partners. Terms are two years with the option of being reappointed for a maximum of three terms. Meetings are scheduled every two months around the state, with an option to attend remotely. Interested individuals may complete the application form online at www.legacy.leg.mn/ptlac/member-application or print it out and return it to Paul Purman, Department of Natural Resources, Box 39, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155. Anyone with questions can contact Paul via phone at 651-259-5643 or email at paul.purman@state.mn.us. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
  24. Big bay did not look to be completely frozen over yesterday afternoon. Broken up and refrozen by McKinley Landing. Cliff
  25. The wind today has eliminated the little ice we had.
  26. Thanks much Huntnfish and ZachD!!! Had the wife pick me up some CCI 209 Magnum primers and seems to have fixed the issue. Went out the other night and put 7 rounds through the ole CVA and didn't have a single hangfire. I'm ready for the weekend.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• bbfenatic

bbfenatic 71

'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
    • timjones

timjones 23

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • FishinCT

FishinCT 40

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • workin4bait